Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Ironman Steelhead 70.3
Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blizzard Buster 5k

The Blizzard Buster 5k is the first race of the year in our area.  This is the fourth year my wife and I have competed in the Blizzard Buster.  I like mixing races in with my training, running with the other competitors makes me run a little harder than I do when running alone.  I run harder because I want to catch the runner in front of me and I don’t want to be passed by the runner behind me.  Not to mention the carrot at the end of the stick . . .  the prize for placing in my age group.  I didn’t place this year but my wife set a new PR and won her age group.  This is what she won. 




That’s right a new cup with a spoon.   She was excited about this because our grandson broke the mug she won at Blizzard Buster,  2 years ago.  It was her favorite hot chocolate mug,  now she has a new one.  Most races give out metals as awards but you can’t drink hot chocolate out of a metal.  Although I didn’t place I was very pleased with my run. 



 I ran a 25:30 on a hilly, icy course and that was good enough for me.

1 comment: