Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Ironman Steelhead 70.3
Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ride Through the Woods

Photo by Jason J Molyet

I went mountain biking at Mohigan Sunday afternoon.  A mountain biker is a special breed of person.  They are masters of a unique skill set that enables them to enjoy racing up difficult climbs and down dangerous descents, strewn with roots and rocks.  They live for the adrentiam rush they experience when they narrowly escape personal injury by staying upright while riding through the rock garden.  I am not one of these bikers.  I’m just a guy that likes to ride a bike through the woods, and today was a wonderful ride.  The woods floor was dusted with snow and the air was crisp and clean.  The friends I was riding with made this experience a thrill, thanks, John, Rabbit, Jason and Josh.

1 comment:

  1. Having heard John's version of this Sunday's ride, I especially enjoyed yours. He needed that ride and I was grateful he had you and the other marginally risky mountain bikers along. But, I want to hear more about how you made the transition from a sedentary life style to your current one of daily rigorous exercise. Among your first posts you talked about the 90% plan; that was helpful. I suspect you faced more daunting challenges in the process. Something changed in you; what was it? The lure of couch potato-ing on a frosty winter afternoon must have had powerful appeal, yet you braved the rock garden! Bravo, but also why?

    ReplyDelete