Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Ironman Steelhead 70.3
Ironman Steelhead 70.3

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chain Reaction Part 3


During 2001 and through early 2003 exercise and restricting my foot intake became more like work.  Between those dates my weight dropped from 300 down to 232.  One set-back came in May of 2002.  I was mowing the lawn, slipped on a hill and broke my ankle.  I did not exercise for the next 2 months.    Looking back I realize that taking 2 months away from exercise gave me the mental break I needed to continue, even though I gained weight during this time.  I realized I had to find a way to turn exercise into fun, something that I loved to do.  I remembered that I used to enjoy riding a bike; I had sold my bike at a garage sale when my weight reached 300 and I thought I would never ride again.  I decided to give riding a bike a try, I bought a Trek 7200, it was a heavy bike, but it was just what I needed to cruise up and down the bike trial.  I found my love of biking again and looked forward to riding and I did it more often.  Biking is still one of my passions; yesterday I rode 46 miles with some of my friends.  By the end of 2003 my weight was 203.

May 2002 with my Grandson Evan




No comments:

Post a Comment